Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Filming Location Issues

After talking to my connections at the hospital, it seems it is going to be very difficult to film there. This is not good because it changes the whole vibe of the story. There really is no other place that I could film one of my scenes from the hospital anywhere else because it would not look as professional and it will not give off the same feeling to the viewers. This really causes a major issue with the story, and now I am unable to execute what I had in mind.

Because of this, I have decided that the best bet and an idea that intrigues me the most is to start over from scratch. You might be wondering, how is starting over intriguing to you? Well, to be honest, I have not conducted enough research on my project to have the idea fully executed. I feel that my mistake here was actually much needed, because now I have already though of a story that is more interesting to me, and I know I have full access to all filming locations, actors, and equipment.

This new film will begin with a drone shot over the woods establishing the setting of the scene we are in. With intense music playing in the background, the main character is running away from someone chasing him through the woods with something very valuable in his hands. I will not show shots of of who chasing him, but I will just show shots of the main character running, and maybe a few that hint that he is grasping onto something very valuable. Suddenly, the music will abruptly stop and the clip will cut to black. From here a graphic will fade in saying "2 Days Earlier" and my first shot of this character sleeping in his comfortable modern bed in a middle class home waking up to his alarm clock. At this point the viewers should be wondering, "What must have went on in those 2 days?" A normal teenager sleeping comfortably in his bed to running for his life through the woods?"

After conduction a poll with some students around school, I have found they a majority of them enjoy when films begin at the end of the film, because it adds an element of suspense and curiosity right from the start.

I will be posting more later with attachments of my story board as well as some pictures of the locations I will be filming at, as well as some character details.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you truly capture the process of film-making within your posts. You show the process along with any problems you run into and how you plan to resolve them. I like how you started again from the beginning in order to be able to create something you are proud of. It shows that you are aware of what works and what doesn't. I also really like how you integrated public feedback to aid in decision making, like the poll you conducted about showing the end at the beginning. It is always important to keep the audience in mind and it's a technique that I feel I can also utilize when creating my own film. Another great addition is the use of technology. The arrangement of different cameras and drones will definitely be a helpful tool when filming and it is great to have access to good quality tech. You seem to really know a lot about cameras and how to shoot film which is really helpful for something like this. I think you are going to be able to get some really cool shots!

    My one suggestion would be to integrate research a bit more. I think that you have great ideas and you are definitely heading in the right direction, but it would just be nice to have more background information (like the chart you used about the adventure genre). I look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete