Thursday, March 31, 2016

Lightning Techniques

As I begin to prepare for filming, I am beginning to plot out all important elements of my film in order to make it a great one. The production process is no easy one, and for me personally, every little detail incorporated can make such a huge difference. A main element that I am having trouble making decisions on is how I am going to light my opening scene.

Yes, it occurs outdoors, so the sun will be my main source of light, but I wanted to look more into how I could incorporate other light sources in the filming process other than just sunlight. After doing some research, I found a website that offers some great tips on filming outdoors. After reading this article and visiting the filming location, working with the sun is going to be a bit tricky. The forest is covered with trees, but at the same time, there are certain parts that aren't covered, allowing the sun to poor through those specific shots. If the sun works with me on the day I film, I know that I could definitely work with it and have my actor stop running at certain pints in the forest when the camera focuses on him to get that great well-lit shot. Like mentioned in the article, I will be bringing my friend's reflector with me in case I need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment